5 Family Events Happening in March 2019
Dreaming of a Hawaiian vacation? You are not alone. Every year, more and more people are traveling to check out Hawaii, especially Maui, Hawaii’s second largest island. Maui is a good choice for families who want to enjoy cultural opportunities, beach amenities while experiencing a laid back tropical getaway. Though the island is big, it doesn’t feel like a big city and it’s no secret that Maui is the best family-oriented holiday destination. There’s something more about Maui than just pristine beaches and boogie boarding.
There are just so many things that you can do in Maui. There are lots of activities that both adults and kids can enjoy – there will be no dull moments at all. Are you planning to travel this month with the family? Or perhaps plan to travel in March next year? Here are some activities that you can expect:
- Maui Sunday Market. This is the best way to experience Maui. Held every Sunday from 4 pm to 8 pm at Kahului Shopping Centre, it features island vendors. What better way to know more about Maui than to personal experience their products and food? Public parking and admission is free so why not come and visit? Interact with Maui local vendors, you never know, you will find something worth buying for or you can give it to your friends back home as souvenirs.
- Art Exhibit. Unleash the inner artist in you. If you have wanted to see those art pieces in the museum but don’t have the time to, now is a perfect time! Bring the entire family and enjoy a variety of art exhibits which may include drawing, painting, printmaking, photography, jewelry and more. Get to know more about how talented the locals are in Maui. The exhibit goes from March 4 until March 30 and opens every day from 10 am to 5 pm.
- Whale Count. This activity occurs between the 4th of March to 30th of March every year. This annual activity brings volunteers together. Together they count whales from shore as part of Maui’s survey for the number of humpback whales. Imagine the faces of your kids as they see a lot of whales. To get involved with this activity, you may have to register for this event first.
- Market at the shops. This event happens every second and fourth Wednesday starting from March, from 4 to 6 pm. Try the sweetest pineapple you can ever taste only at Maui! This is your chance to shop for products fresh from the farm. Don’t waste the chance of getting the freshest produce and learning about the products straight from the vendors.
- Concerts at the shops. This will be held at the Lower Level in the Fountain Courtyard from 5.30pm to 7 pm, this March 20, 2019. Join us for a special evening of music featuring Paula Fuga.
What are you waiting for? There are a lot of things waiting for you and your family in Maui this month so plan that trip now!